Monday, June 19, 2006

A Promise Kept

“As for the promise which I made you when you came out of Egypt. My Spirit is abiding in your midst, do not fear!” Haggai 2:5

God’s promise, found in Exodus 29:46 is: “They will know that I am the LORD their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am the LORD their God..”
Reading in Hagagi of this promise God made at the time of the Exodus, I was struck with the utter faithfulness of God to His word. He upholds a promise made nearly 950 years in the past to a people who have only continually been unfaithful to Him. God remembers His promises - no matter how long in the past He made them. He keeps His promises, no matter how hateful, arrogant or foolish His people.
This faithfulness of God is a great relief, a comfort, a true refuge. He cannot be shaken. He will not go back on His word. He is sure and certain, the Rock, our one true Hope; most worthy of trust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home